Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bonne Fete des meres (Happy Mothers Day)

Sooooo, with 182 days to go I was going to tackle the perfect French dinner for Mothers Day; however, its Mothers day and I'm the mother so I left Andy in charge of dinner plans.  I assumed he would include katie and Clay however, only Izzy has been involved.

dinner on my menu was:

1st course:  Guwgeres (cheese puffs)
Soup: Lobster Bisque
Salad: Honeyed Fruit Salad
Bread:  In France every table must have a selection of bread - its a matter of good hospitality so...
Cinnamon Orage Popovers, honey muffins, Simple Brioche loaf
Entree:  Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Coffee & Tea: Cinnamon tea
Dessert: Chocolate Tore with Blueberry Wine


Andy's menu:

Sauteed Scallops
Ciabata bread
Brocolli

Yummy but something is not so French with it......heehee....and of course clay is coaching the travelling baseball team and Katie is spending time with her fried for their weekly Desperate Housewives night.....ahhh.......motherhood!


I did have my French lesson for the week after a miscommunication Friday.  My Mom was gracious to make Quiche Lorraine, tomatoes, Croissants and I contributed cut up berries.  My french influence of the day....

until next time...........

No comments:

Post a Comment