Saturday, May 14, 2011

176 days

Bonjour!  It has been a couple days (computer down)  but thoughts of France have never left me.  I had my weekly french language lesson yesterday  with Talia.  I think she's going to fire me (if that's possible).  I am not getting very far in mastering the language.  I have once again reverted to my Spanish while learning the numbers.  Talia has the patience of a saint!  Any of you that have small children....teach them a 2nd language NOW, while they are still very young.  As time goes on, our brains just find it harder to adapt to the nuances of another language.

Well, the continuing saga of Andy and his passport......I don't know if I reported that Andy went down to the post office again and, after waiting endlessly for the postperson who processes passports (she was very late to open) he went thru all the riga-ma-roll only to find out his birth certificate is so old and beat up that the embossment is not raised enough anymore and the State will more than likely refuse it.  So Andy has to buy an "original", embossed copy (?) of his birth certificate and go back to the post office for the 3rd time!  This could be a story in itself....

This is very similar to a pic of the Eiffel Tower I have hanging above my stairwell. As you come down the stairs it appears you are walking under the Eiffel Tower.



Auvoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment